Sunday, November 20, 2016

Neon Ninjas (Fall Soccer)

Davis played soccer again this year and he was a pleasure to watch. He has such a great attitude about soccer, he is a lot less competetive than Jason and I! He really could cared a less whether they won or lost, he really just wanted to be out there with his buddies.  He started off the season timid and not that into playing. However, with about three games left he really got into it! All of a sudden he was aggressive and running after the ball. It was really amazing to watch how much he improved as the season progressed. 

 He had great friends on the team again this season.
 His elementary school had so many boys sign up that they ended up making four separate teams. They got to play the other teams throughout the season which was fun for the boys.
Jason coached and made one fabulous coach. I am really proud of how he coaches-he is very laid back and really brought out the best in each kid. He was really patient with the boys, which was not always easy with a bunch of six and seven year olds.





 We got knocked out early in the play-offs but I was so proud of how each kid on the team really improved. By the end of the season we were a really good team and I was actually surprised when we got knocked out as quickly as we did.

Nana and Papa were amazing fans. They made every game they were in town for and cheered like crazy for our favorite player. I know it means a lot to Davis that they always make a huge effort to be present and supportive.
Now on to basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment