I love celebrating Birthdays--I try to put a lot of thought and planning into the kid's parties. However, this year, I decided for Carter to scale it way back (so hard for me). We had a small party to celebrate her turning the big 3. Earlier in the week I got an email from the blow dry bar telling me that I had an appointment on Saturday morning. I learned that Jason had booked Carter and I hair appointments for the morning of the party so we would have pretty hair!
While we were gone Jason and Davis made the party cupcakes. Davis was a huge help according to Jason and was really into getting things ready for his sister's party.
This might be my favorite picture of the whole morning. She took it so seriously--she noticed that all the other ladies kept their eyes closed while their hair was being washed. She sat very still with her eyes shut tight while they washed her hair. My favorite part was when she reached over to hold my hand--she was fine getting her hair done-but wanted to make sure I was right there with her.
She got into it! A lady walked over with a cup of orange juice for her--I was a little surprised that they would know that she loved orange juice--oh no! they informed me that she had ordered it for herself! This cracked me up! So the lady had to take a few breaks to allow Carter to sip her orange juice!!!
This is her clapping as she is seeing how pretty her hair is looking!
I got to sit right next to her while they did my hair so she kept looking over and saying "Hi mommy!" waving at me! So sweet and so cute.
She fell asleep on the way home so I had to hold her while she took a nap so she wouldn't mess up her hair for the party!! It was actually perfect because I rocked her in her room--my parents took the rocking chair back with them so it was really the last time for me to rock her in that chair. A little sad to see it go but I needed the room for her big girl room.
Her and her baby, Evelyn, had matching outfits. I made Evelyn a shirt with a glitter "3" and my sweet MIL saved the day and made Evelyn matching leggings.
Sweet Aunt Lacey dressed in her doctor's coat so that she could do wellness checks on all the baby dolls. We had a station set up where she could listen to their heart, give them a shot, followed by a princess bandaid, and then a sticker for the mommy. I thought that Carter might think it was dumb but she got really into it--she knew it was Aunt Lacey but even after Aunt Lacey changed back into normal clothes she kept asking me "Where did Dr. Lacey go?!"
This sweetie joined us for the evening. Carter and her have been friends since the womb! Her birthday wouldn't have been the same without Hadley.
No comments:
Post a Comment