Monday, September 9, 2013

Big Brother Week: Day 5 and 6

I researched the science museum because I thought Davis might get a kick out of seeing the Dinosaurs. I took him to the one in Sugarland because it seemed to be a little more kid friendly. Honestly, it was a little disappointing. They had a very small dinosaur exhibit and their "dig pit" was a little lame. However, that didn't seem to spoil Davis' fun at all. The only thing he was clearly disappointed about was that the dinosaurs didn't roar!


 The saving grace of the museum was the ball pit:

 We literally had the museum to ourselves for the first hour. We even got to pick the movie they played in the blow up planetarium because we were the only patrons. We picked the Sesame Street movie (of course) but even that was fairly boring. Randomly, while Davis was enjoying the jump between the ball pit and the dig pit another little boy and his mom showed up. Turns out the mom and I were born on the exact same day and her son and Davis were the same age. They really hit it off and we ended up following them to McDonalds for lunch so the boys could keep playing.

Davis refused to take a nap because he knew what our late afternoon entailed. Wonderwild! Davis was so pumped to go with his buddy Garrett to Wonderwild. That place is the perfect spot for three year old boys with lots of energy who don't like to sit still.


 Literally the best pictures I could get....boys!


Davis had no trouble falling asleep at the end of the day. Of course, he came walking into our room this morning at 4:30 and asked if he could sleep with us. Then promptly rolled over at a little after 6:30 to say "Good Morning Mommy! Can we get up?" This child does not sleep in!

Both of us were pretty exhausted today. We watched a lot of Elmo and snuggled on the couch. We ventured out for lunch (look how tired he looks):
Then came home where he slept FOREVER. We were supposed to head to the pool today but neither of us had the energy. Jason picked up pizza and we had football and pizza instead. We gave him a scooter that he was totally pumped about. I told him that Carter got it for him but he later told me "mommy, I think you got that for me, not Carter" 
At dinner tonight I told Davis that I didn't want to go back to work on Monday and Davis said "awww, mommy, you want to hang out with me?!" He also had to tell Jason all about Wonderwild again, saying "Mommy, what is that place called again?" I said "Wonderwild" and without missing a beat Davis said "yeah, daddy Garrett and I were at Wonderwild and they have a giant alligator." He is becoming such a conversationalist. We have had so many wonderful little conversations about the world around us this week. This week off is a week I will treasure for the rest of my life. It also confirmed that I have a high energy, full of life, happy three year old!

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you think! They say great minds think alike :)

    Sad we didn't join you for any big brother week. I just knew a week would wear me out.

    I agree, I will remember these big brother/mommy dates for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I'll have to remember to do this when it's time for baby #2....which isn't for awhile, in case you are wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like it was a great week, Sam! I hope that it was refreshing! xo

    ReplyDelete