Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Eve


I am typing this on Christmas Day night...so depressed! Ugh! I wait for this amazing day all year long and it always just SPEEDS by! I love Christmas Eve. As silly as it sounds, I have always felt like there was something special in the air.

We had such a nice Christmas Eve. We went to such a great service-the children's service. They do a reenactment of the nativity with the children of the church. The service is loud and chaotic and children and babies seem to be talking or crying the entire time. It is nice because I feel like we can go as a family and we don't have to worry about anyone falling out in church. I do really miss the 11pm candlelight service but I know we will get back to that someday. There is nothing like singing Silent Night while holding up a candle.
My parents joined us for the service.
After church we enjoyed an amazing dinner prepared by Jason. He made beef tenderloin, potatoes, rolls and asparagus. It was delicious. We sipped a nice bottle of red and took in the season!





The best sibling photo I could do:

One will never look at the camera and the other can't stand still to save herself!



After dinner we did our final box on our 12 days of Christmas. Davis and Carter were excited to get new pajamas!

 Even Carter's baby got matching jammies! Lucky baby Jack!
 Papa and Davis shared some time reading a few Christmas books.
 And then it was time to go to sleep. This is how Santa left our living room:



 My gift this year from Jason is a new hoop! So excited!

 Santa brought Davis:

A new basketball for inside and outside
New basketball outfit (see above photo) that he hasn't taken off!
A NEW BIKE!!!!
Star Wars Operation
Minecraft swords
magnatiles
a batman watch
war
space shuttle lego

Other fun presents he is excited about:

remote control car
lego jet
lacrosse net with lacrosse sticks
lights for his bike
football game
lacrosse gloves

Santa brought Carter:

a baby doll high chair
2 babies (which is all she kept saying when we said Santa's name)
a strider bike
a baby doll bed
a Disney stamp and art set
Frozen lip gloss
nail polish
Disney dress up dress
Cinderella light up shoes

Other fun presents she is excited about:

Aunt Lo went all out with tons of amazingly awesome dress up dresses, shoes and tiaras.
An Elsa doll and book
A Minnie Mouse scooter
A Minnie Mouse puppy dog and puppy dog carrier
A matching doll apron for her and her doll
A waffel machine with waffles for her kitchen

It was an amazing Christmas and I will be counting down until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment