Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas again this year. The weeks leading up to Christmas are my absolute favorite and I go through a slight depression on Christmas Day night when I realize I have to wait a whole year for Christmas to come again!  Jason and I stayed up a little later than normal on Christmas Eve so we could soak it all in--I really feel like a parent on Christmas Eve. 

We headed to the children's service at our church. It is a really fun and LOUD service. There are kids all over the church so you don't feel so bad when you look over and see your son wrestling in the pew with his buddy (true story-I look over and Davis and his friend were putting each other in headlocks)! 

We brought our little angel with us and she slept through the majority of the service. 

 Jason and Davis in matching Christmas shirts:
 Christmas jammies:
 Growing up we had a tradition at my house. The 12 nights leading up to Christmas you got to open a box and inside was a suprise. It might direct you to look under your bed for m&ms or tell you about some family event we would do together. We have continued that tradition with Davis. We did all kinds of fun things this holiday season including looking at lights, ice skating, ornament making and reading Christmas books. It really added to the season.
 Papa and Carter

We hosted Christmas Day at our house. Here is some of the craziness:





For some reason there are no pictures of the other side of the room--sorry guys!

Here is our fireplace this year--it looks complete!


 Grammy made Carter her first quilt. It is even prettier in person
 And Aunt Lo being Aunt Lo spoiled Carter with her first doll house. You can tell that Carter is totally pumped about this gift! It is awesome-Lo's talents never cease to amaze me. The house is a replica of ours right down to the same exterior paint color....
Here is our second adventure out to look at Christmas lights. The night started with one screaming and one wanting the other to be quiet...
 And before we could even get into the neighborhood....
Luckily by that point both kids were asleep so Jason and I enjoyed looking at lights together!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect Christmas. And, I love that dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete