Monday, January 16, 2012

Girl's Weekend

This past weekend we headed up to Dallas to see the Allison family. Although four hours is still a long way, it is way better than having to fly to see them!

Blake sent Amy and I to the Elm Creek Manor for the night. We were greeted with these:
The views were amazing! We had the room on the third floor-it had a small patio that you could stand on and see for miles.
My iphone pictures don't really do the landscape justice. The sun set was nice but the view that unfolded after the sun went down was breathtaking. I could not believe the amount of stars that we could see from our patio. If it had not been so cold I would have slept outside just so I could sleep looking up. I stood on the patio and thanked God for his artwork!
We had a nice time meeting the other guests who were staying at the end. There were four couples (including us) and each of them had a fun story and were interesting. Here we are at our romantic dinner for two:
We were celebrating Amy's birthday so we had to have a cake with a candle!
While we were away the guys took care of the kiddos. Amy has three adorable kids but we were a little concerned about leaving the guys in charge of four kids under the age of six. However, we were happy to return to four kids all in one piece!

Davis had a blast playing with his friends. He hated to say good-bye. Group hug (just missing Reid):
We had a wonderful weekend and it was so great to get to spend some time with a lifelong friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment