Saturday, October 1, 2011

Design on a Dime-Before and After!

A few weeks ago Lauren and I headed to San Antonio for a little surprise. My mom and dad were on vacation with my in-laws in Europe. Lauren and I drove after work on a Friday with Davis, 4 dogs and a car FULL of stuff. We got into San Antonio late and started our project. For Christmas last year I told my dad I would help him re-do his study. I had never gotten around to doing it so we decided that while he was gone we would sneak into town and take care of it! It was A TOTAL BLAST. Lauren and I had so much and are trying to figure out how we can quit our jobs and open our party planning/design on a dime office :)

I wish we would have taken more pictures. But here are some of the before pics as we started taping: WALL TO THE LEFT OF ENTRY:
LOOKING AT BAY WINDOW:
SHELVING:
ENTRY INTO THE STUDY:
And here is the after: WALL OF ENTRY:




NEW SHELF DECOR:

We did not sleep for two days but it was worth it--my dad was totally shocked. He loved the new hardware on his old desk and the new color of the walls. I'll post a few more pics later. Thank you Lauren for all of your help, planning and executing, and all the late night funnies.

P.S. Favorite quote of the weekend--my 90 year old grandmother came over to hang out with us while we did this--at one point it was REALLY LATE. I was trying to get files back into the cabinet and I could not get them to fit. She turned to me and said "CRAMMIT DAMMIT!"
Hilarious. Especially coming from the church going grandmother who never cusses.

No comments:

Post a Comment