Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3rd Annual Valentine's Dinner


Jason and Emily hanging out


The table


The guys setting the table with a little help from Emily



The cake!
We had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Jason and Blake conspired and surprised both Amy and I--the past two years Amy and I have planned a dinner and cooked for the guys. Amy and I were so sad when we realized that because they moved from Houston to Birmingham we would not be able to continue the tradition. But our guys had other ideas! So last Sunday Jason gave me a hint-we would be continuing with tradition! I knew immediately what we were doing!
We arrived in Birmingham Friday night-Amy still had no idea--and was totally surprised when she arrived home to find Jason and I in her home!
We were so excited to get to spend all day Saturday shopping--Amy was even more excited because the guys agreed to watch her kiddos! Birmingham has great home shopping at prices I can't afford! But we got a bunch of great ideas and I found a new bedspread! It was fun to spend a day with a person who loves home shopping as much as I do!
Saturday night Emily and Lily went to bed and the guys made us dinner-it was amazing! I mean, I don't know how Amy and I are going to compete with that next year! We had shrimp appetizer, Cesar salad, lobster bisque, steak, crab cakes, lobster tail, and a piece of that yummy chocolate cake pictured above.
We miss Amy and Blake so much so it was great to spend an entire weekend with those two and their cute kiddos! Now we cannot break with tradition and we will have to return next year for 4 years! I aspire to be like my parents, and their best friends the Fishers, who have kept with tradition for 25 years--yes this year my parents and the Fisher's had their 25th Annual Valentine's Dinner.
Hope everyone had a happy heart day!



No comments:

Post a Comment